Saturday, March 29, 2008

One Disaster After Another

One week exactly after we got back to Abu Dhabi from Australia, Zena, Mark, Archie and Sam arrived to visit us. We were so excited to have them coming to stay with us, so that we could show them what life is like over here, show them all the new things that we have seen.

From the moment their plane landed however, things started to go wrong. I'm not going to go into too many details, but we had everything from sick babies, missing baby seats, food poisoning, hot water burns, nappy explosions and all of us had at least one day where we felt like absolute cr@p. I just know in years to come we are going to look back on this holiday and laugh! Right?

Despite the mishaps we still managed to have a reasonably good time. Needless to say though, any plans we made went straight out the window. Heres some pictures.

Sam and I at Mall of the Emirates.


Out side Madinat Jameira with the Burj Al Arab in the background.


Zena and I at the top of Jebel Hafeet in Al Ain.


Chi Wai and Archie.


After all that, there were tears at the airport (from me) as we waved them off to the UK. I hope they are having a great time and are not too cold!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Charmaine, you poor things!
Alison told me about Archie being sick, I so felt for you guys.

I hope he's better now and yes you probably will laugh about it in years to come.

Poor you guys.

Anonymous said...

Great to have a fellow knitter and Raveler in the UAE:)

Yasmin said...

Looks like you all had a good time together despite the setbacks ! The poor babies ..I hope they are feeling better now.

Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh we are already laughing about it! Archie is back to his usual self and both are charming all the relo's with their cheeky smiles. England is FREEZING, boys and I are still in shock. Missing you already, Love!

Ruby Girl said...

How wonderful to catch up with all of them in such a short time, twice. The twins are so gorgeous, and well behaved. It is lovely when they come to SNB.