Friday, April 25, 2008

And it goes a little somthing like this....

Last weekend we went to the beach. Let me paint the scene for you, paint by numbers style.

There was....
  • 980 men, frolicking on the sand or in the water, in all their hairy backed glory
  • 10 men playing the most serious game of beach soccer you have ever seen
  • 6 women dressed in full Abaya and head scarf not swimming
  • 3 women in bikinis brave enough to endure the stares to make it to the water
  • 1 man swimming in white underpants!
Guess which one I was was.

Needless to say, once I had retreated to the safety of my beach towel with my dress back on, the people watching was quite interesting indeed!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was Chi Wai doing in his white undies, did he forget his swimming cozzie?

Anonymous said...

I can soooo picture this LOL!!! I hope that you can get some beach time soon before the temperatures become oven-hot!

Yasmin said...

Lol!!! I can imagine ...it's absurd, really.But I'm having a great laugh ! I keep trying to picture this scene and it makes my day. I sure hope you do get some decent beach time before it's way too hot for any!

Charmaine said...

I'm glad to hear that the other girls that live here can relate to this! I will definitely be trying to get as much beach time in over the next few weeks before it becomes unbearable.

Anonymous said...

You don't need to be so harsh on yourself Charmaine. I am sure the white undies didn't make you look like a man but might be the reason that everyone was looking at you!

Unknown said...

Those abaya really help - good to see the melanoma message is getting through to you.

BTW - of the 980 men frolicking, how many were holding hands?

Because when I holidayed in Morocco it was a similar experience, but all the men were holding hands and patting each other on the bum in a bizarre platonic way.

Culture shock at it's finest.

Charmaine said...

Yes, the men are very affectionate and for a Westerner (is that the right term) it is quite bizarre to see. That is precisely why I used the word "frolicking"! Once you get over the bizarreness, it is nice to think that men can show each other affection without recrimination. At least that is what I think anyway.