Saturday, October 4, 2008

Indian Escape

Chi Wai and I have just returned from four days spent staying on a coffee plantation in a place called Wayanad in the state of Kerala in the south of India. We stayed on a coffee plantation called the Tranquil Resort.


We stayed in a tree house!

We even had a tree going right though our room!


The tree house had a fantastic veranda surrounded by trees.


There was a small creek running under the tree house making very soothing sounds. That, with the sound of bird song, monkeys running around underneath and the divine weather made the veranda the perfect place sit for hours alternating between my book and my crochet hook.


We saw lots of monkeys on the plantation, but they were a bit shy for the cameras. Here's one cheeky little guy we did manage to catch.


When we weren't enjoying the veranda, we were walking through the coffee fields,


taking in the lovely gardens around the main house,

and lazing by the pool.


The other major pastime was eating. The resort is a home-stay style resort where all meals were eaten in a communal outdoor dining area with the other guests and family members of our hosts Victor and Rangini. We were mostly served Indian food with a few Western dishes thrown in here and there. The food was delicious! Here's Chi Wai and I about to enjoy a traditional Kerala style meal served on a banana leaf.


We had such a fantastic relaxing holiday and it was made all the better by the hospitality shown by our hosts Vicktor and Rangini, their daughter Nisha and her husband Ajay. They really made us feel so welcome and looked after.


I didn't want to come home!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

i don't blame you for not wanting to come back. it sounds wonderful!!! like out of a movie or something. glad you had such a great time and can't wait to hear more next weekend!

Anonymous said...

The treehouse and resort look amazing, glad you and Mr C had a lovely time but very jealous too!

Fad Classic looks tops!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great holiday!!!! That treehouse looks amazing!!!!

Yasmin said...

Good to hear that you had such a great time in India. That's it : looks like this the place I'll be going to in December during my vacation to India. That tree house is Winner !
I hope you tried the houseboats and the backwaters in Kerela ...they are really an experience to cherish!

Katewillknit said...

Wow a tree house! What a relaxing holiday. I'm quite jealous!

Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot to say last time that I love the obligatory photo of Charmaine stopping to smell the roses!

Charmaine said...

Yes, the obligatory photo of me smelling the roses! It started off as a bit of a joke with my mum who is a very keen gardener, now it's just a thing I have to do!