Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cherrylicious!

Yes I know this has been a long time coming, but due to crazy work and a trip back home (yes, I will tell you all about it soon, I promise!) I've been a bad blogger. Anyway, here goes.

Tah dah! Here they are....

Firstly, here is the lovely Zena, looking stunning in her "Cherry Pie" complete with red ribbon and little brooch.


Zena ended up adding the snaps (or press studs) in between the buttons on the button band and as you can see, she has every reason to be really happy with her effort. The RYC Cashcotton that Zena used was absolutely scrumptious to touch. Yummy. All of the specs and mods for Zena's Cherry can be found in the previous posts here, here and here.

Now for my effort.....


During the finishing stage of this I became a complete perfectionist (which is unsual for me) and grafted the the shoulder seams and grafted on the button and neck bands. I wouldn't bother with that normaly, but I really just wanted to ge the extra mile for this cardigan and I'm really happy with the result.

Here we are together. Aren't we pretty?


Sooo......


Are we feeling proud of ourselves?


You better believe it baby!


PS. You may notice all the lovely yarn stacked up behind us. That's because we were enjoying a wonderful day of knitting at CR & K Daisy Designs in Fairy Meadow, on my recent trip home. What a perfect setting for photographing finished objects, don't you think?

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Hi Charmaine!!! Are you back in AUH yet? I hope you had a great Christmas.

I have to be honest and say I noticed the yarn behind Zena first. :) You two look amazing in your Cherries. So envious right now.

Did you not decide on a ribbon for your waistband. I think Zena's red ribbon is a great holiday touch and contrast for the pale green cardie.

Great work, ladies. Be proud and flaunt it as often as you can.

See you soon.

Lindsay said...

Glad you're back to blogging! we were all missing your posts!

The sweaters both look fabulous!! Hope to see you soon (i think our next meeting is too far away!)

Katewillknit said...

They both look great. Nice work! Nice photography too ;-)

The Scarlet Tree said...

Very Pretty! So sorry I missed you guys...have a wonderful new year.

Unknown said...

I am so upset I missed you. I think I may have to stop in Abu Dhabi on our way to Ireland in August.

Those rosebuds look fabulous, on both of you!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and NY. Love to Chi Wi.

Anonymous said...

The Cherries are gorgeous! Love the red ribbon touch and both of you look so lovely. Grafting of shoulder and button bands - WOW! That must have taken patience but the finish must be so perfect!!! Great job:)