Monday, December 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We've just arrived home from our trip home! That is, we've just arrived back in Abu Dhabi from our trip back to Australia. It's funny having two places that you call home. While we are here we always say "back home" but while we were in Australia we were saying "when we get back home". Weird. Anyway, I digress.....

We had a fantastic time and we saw everybody, well nearly everybody. Get ready for a photo heavy post!

Highlights included (roughly in order of occurrence)......

A lovely wedding in a park in Sydney. (No pics of this one at the request of the happy couple)

Lots of gorgeous bubs (it's like they opened up a factory over there since we left I swear!)


Time in the garden with Nanny....


A day of knitting at my LYS and some of my Wollongong Stitch'n'Bitch pals.


A shop til you drop day with the girls on Oxford Street in Paddington.


Christmas with my Marmy (you know, like in "Little Women").


Spending time with our boy Lionus who now lives with his Grandma (my mum).


I was worried that I wouldn't want to come home (Abu Dhabi home that is), but by the end of our trip I seemed to be okay with it. Now what does that tell you?

5 comments:

shm said...

MMM... I want to eat those biscuits.....

Jocelyn said...

Cute babies! I still find it strange that you have a warm Christmas in Australia.

Strawberries in champagne - yum!

Glad to have you back.

Charmaine said...

There is a bit of a story behind those biscuits actually (Arnott's Lemon Crisps in case you were wondering). They are the ones I used to take along to our mid-week knitting group and when I left Aus the group continued to eat then in remembrance of me! Aw shucks! During this visit I was presented with two packets! Yummo!

Katewillknit said...

Looks like you had a good time 'back home'.

Lionus' shawl/collar looks very festive.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the home, home and home stuff because I say that all the time too!!! Those strawberries...delish!!! What a great trip back home:)