Saturday, October 27, 2007

Abu Dhabi Knits (Part One)

We arrived here in Abu Dhabi five months ago, just in time for the summer. Summer here as you probably know is extremely hot. I'm talking 45-50 degrees Celsius every day and about 30-35 at night time. HOT! It's so hot that many Emiratis leave the country for a month or two to visit Europe. So imagine poor little me (me of the white, white skin!) trying to cope with it.

Anyway, during the peak summer months (June and August) it is really too hot to be outside for more than the few minutes it takes to get from air-conditioned house to air-conditioned car. So for me it meant lots of time indoors knitting. Here are the spoils.....


Above are my first ever pair of adult socks. The pattern is Monkey from Knitty by Cookie A. I really like her designs. I've used an unknown shade of Koigu sock yarn that I bought in New York in December '06. I was feeling so happy with myself when I finished these socks, I think I made quite a pest of myself around the house! hehehe Poor Chi Wai and Brian (our housemate) had to put up with my gloating!

To be continued.....

4 comments:

Donna (Random Knits) said...

They look great! Now it just needs to get cold enough for you to wear them ;)

Donna
Random Knits

knitabulous said...

Great choice for a first sock! Gorgeous colour too.

Is Donna going to let you on the Australian knitters web ring?

Anonymous said...

She's an aussie, she can join the webring if she likes!

Charmaine said...

So how do I do that then? Join the webring that is?