Thursday, January 1, 2009

Crochet Delight!

Back in September, I started to make an attempt at some crochet. Remember this?

I was crocheting some toys. The crocheting part all went fine, but then something happened, something that often happens when I try to make toys. The pieces sat in a bag waiting to be sewn up until December. The only motivation then was that we were heading to Australia and the toys in question were meant to be belated 1st birthday presents for my best friend Zena's Twins. (Here they are a year ago!)

So anyway, in the mad rush of the few days before we left, I was sewing up toys! So now I can finally post about them!

Firstly there was Freddy Froggy.


He's made out of leftovers from the Tetris Blanket which was knitted in Knit Picks Swish Worsted. The pattern is Frogs on Holiday from "Kyuuto" by Tomoko Takamori, which is a book of Amigurumi patterns that I bought back in my birthday buy up. He's kinda cute don't you think?

And next was Phelephant, or Phellie for short!


The pattern is Henri Elephant from Lucinda Guy's Crochet Designs for Kids, another book from the buy up. The green yarn is Knit Pick's Swish DK in Asparagus and the other colours are more leftovers from the Tetris Blanket in Swish Worsted.

After all of the drama and procrastination, I am quite happy with how these turned out. Here they are snuggling up together.



And here is Sam doing his favourite thing with Phellie!


Finally here is one last bit of crochet that has been going on. When we went for our little holiday in India I mentioned that I was crocheting on the verander of our treehouse. Well this is what I made!


Pattern: So-Simple Baby Bibs (So simple it was too!)
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport in Willow and Terracotta from my stash.

I made it for Kate's new bub Jude (hence the "J"). It's quite a big bib so I think it will be good for when Jude get to the solid foods stage. I'm also making a little vest for Jude, which should have been finished while we were away but never quite made it. Alas, it will have to go in the post. More on that later.

So, what is my verdict on the whole crochet thing? I'm ready for more!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

The toys look amazing! i'm so impressed! well done. I can't wait to see what you crochet next

Anonymous said...

What a cute pair of toys! Way to go with finishing up these before your trip!! Toys - fantastic way to stashbust:)

jazzwakz said...

hi,

im searching for crochet yarns shop here in abu dhabi , i come accross your blog an your living in abu dhabi , i hope you can tell me where you buy those threads youve been making ,,,

ty

jazzwakz said...

thank you very much for the help, i really appreaciate it a lot , i like your blog your blog is the first one i surf when i start blogging , im a new bee ...thanks again ...

Unknown said...

hello, i,m living in abu dhabi center too, i'm looking for shop to buy yarn. pls help. i'm going to knit a sweater for my daughter birthday coming