Sunday, April 5, 2009

I love Weddings!

So now that I have the really big news out of the way (thank you for all the lovely comments by the way) I can now get back to updating you all on my comings and goings.

First of all, at the end of February we went to Australia for three days (yes only three days!!!) to attend the wedding of one of my best friends, Alison. She was getting married to her wonderful AJ (fondly known to us as Yay Yay!). Big apologies for not really broadcasting the visit to everyone. I just knew that we wouldn't get time to see everyone.

The first day we spent with our families.


This is the three generations of McIntyre girls spending the day in the Botanical Gardens in Sydney (my Mum's favourite). From the far left is my Fabulous mum, then me standing on tippy toes to be anywhere near as tall as the Amazonian goddesses that I am related to, then my Nanny and my Aunt Didi. They were all very happy to hear our news.

I love this photo that Chi Wai took of the water lilly in the gardens.


Zena was there with her boys too. Here's Sam showing us a new trick.


By the way, I can also now say that Zena is pregnant again too (only one this time)! She is a few weeks ahead of me. My mum always used to say we should get pregnant at the same time! Who would know it would actually happen!

The next day we were off to the wedding. Alison and I have been friends since uni days (too many years to say how many) and Chi Wai and I were very happy to be part of her special day.

We picked up Al to take her to the ceremony and this photo was taken at her house. Note no champagne for me and big b00bs. The first telltale signs of pregnancy!


The gorgeous couple walking down the aisle together.


And the happy family together.


It was a great wedding and we had a really good time.

On the last day we met up with some friends at Doyle's in Watsons Bay for a lovely seafood lunch. Here's Hinni (short for Hinata, I love it!) the newest member of the group! Such chubby cheeks and such a cool dude!


That evening we were back on the plane coming back to Abu Dhabi and four days later we were on another plane to London, but I'll tell that story another day. Are we jet setters or what? What!

3 comments:

Hala said...

you said big b00bs? i don't see any LOL ;)
lovely pictures , and i adore the pic of sam and his new trick...

Preeti said...

That pregnancy glow is showing!!!! Jet-setter you! Baby is already clocking his/her airmiles:)

Zena said...

I can't believe you posted the photo of Sam "pointing" to his nose, I was saving that one for his 21st!

It was great having you home, even if it was just a flying visit- I miss you even more now!