Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rain, rain, go away......

It has been raining here constantly for four days and the whole country is in complete chaos! On the radio this morning they read out the long list of schools and roads that are closed due to flooding. People we know that have lived here for 10 years are saying that they never seen rain like this before in the UAE.

The other thing is, it's cold! I'm talking 10 to 15 degrees Celcius. Okay, I'm not about to break out the beanie and mittens, but I was really not prepared for this weather! I don't have any warm clothes. I'm sitting here shivering as I type.

It is kind of nice to have some cooler weather though. I've already planned to make a big pot of minestrone soup on the weekend. We don't get to eat food like that very often here. Maybe I should make some kind of hot desert as well. Hmmmm......

Brrrr!

4 comments:

the stripey tiger said...

It's raining here too! But not 15deg just yet! Mmmm cooked desert.... I have a pav in the oven does taht count?? xxxx

Charmaine said...

Hey, it's cooked so I guess it counts! We had apple crumble instead. Yum!

Katewillknit said...

Mentioned at work today that it had been raining over your way. 'The guys' thought that was rather amusing.

Unknown said...

We went camping last week and got rained out, so maybe it's a global phenomenon!

Just reading your comment about our sock dilemma, nona knits has the sidewinder (a sideways sock), I started that a few days ago and it's not driving me insane, so you might have a look at that. It also requires a gauge of 30st and 40rows over 10cm - so that should suit you!

We miss you too, when are you flying in for a visit?

Hey - my word verification is zpzeeena - it's a sign!