Monday, January 28, 2008

Ruby's Cardigan

Look what arrived in the mail the other day!

The main reason for the online button purchase was for buttons for Ruby's cardigan (strawberry buttons in the centre of the photo). Most of the other buttons were "just because" purchases. I think they will come in handy somewhere along the line.

Here's a progress photo of Ruby's cardi where I am playing with the buttons. I wish they were a bit bigger. I think the chunky feel of this cardigan requires something a little larger. Hmmm....


I finally received Ruby's measurement the other day (thanks Zena xxoo) and this cardigan is going to be quite big on her. She's a little whippet of a thing. Oh well, at least she can grow into it and it should last her a few seasons, unlike the vests that I made for Sam and Archie.......

My best friend Zena was going through all the hand knitted items that she had either knitted her self, or had been given by other kind knitters on the arrival of her twin sons Sam and Archie, to see which items they had grown into. She decided to try on the vests which I knitted, only to discover....


The blue one with the round neck fits okay (this is Sam modelling), but there is a slight problem with the green v-necked one....


Good grief!

I laughed so hard when I saw these photos, I just had to post them, despite my obvious feelings of failure! Archie seems to think it's pretty funny too.

Zena, who is very clever (those who know her will agree!), has promised to try and rectify the problem. I hope that she can, I was really happy with these little vests and the blue one looks so cute on Sam.

So now you can see why I'm not too worried about Ruby's cardigan being a bit (a lot?) too big!

Here's both of the boys together, for a few more laughs (at my expense). Tee hee!

3 comments:

Katewillknit said...

Oh Dear! They are gorgeous vests though. And I'm sure those boys are growing awfully fast. Yummy buttons too. I have enough trouble picking buttons in a store, where they're wired onto the lid of the tube. Via the net would be really tricky.

Ruby Girl said...

How cute are those vests, and wouldn't you have thought that the v-neck would have fitted best, well you just can't tell. The buttons are so cute too. The twins are just gorgeous.

Yasmin said...

hi! This is the first time I came across your blog. You do some beutiful work. So excited to see another blogger from UAE. I crochet all sorts of things and now I'm teaching myself some knitting.
Those some super cute babies ! And yes, I had a great laugh...too bad that they've outgrown those little vests even before wearing them. Babies always play such tricks!