Saturday, July 19, 2008

SnB here we come!

I'm going to do it. I've been talking about it for a while, but I'm going to finally start the Abu Dhabi Stitch'n'Bitch! I've had a few comments from interested knitters over the last few weeks and that has given me the motivation to finally get organised.

I'm thinking that we should call it something else here though. Maybe something a bit more culturally sensitive for living in this part of the world. I'm open to suggestions on this.

September will be the first month. A lot of people leave Abu Dhabi during July and August, plus this gives me time to get the word out.

Date: Second Friday of the month so September's will be the 12th September 2008
Location: Caribou Coffee at Marina Mall (1st floor near the Snow Dome)
Time: 3pm

I've chosen this cafe because it is never very busy, it's kind of out of the way in case anyone feels a bit self conscious about knitting in public and they have nice comfy lounges to sit on and pretty good coffee. The day, date and time are completely open for discussion, so to all the interested knitters (crocheters, and other needle crafters are welcome of course) please let me know what you think. Would you prefer it to be on Saturdays? Is 3pm too late? Does the second Friday of the month clash with some other activity? Please let me know.

Are you excited? I'm excited!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited too and I won't even be there! I'm so glad you are finally doing this, and who knows what you might start... just remember Woollygong SnB started with just an idea (go Donni!), a few people in a cafe, and now look at it- how much fun it is for us all?!

Yay to the Abu Dhabi SnB!

Lindsay said...

count me in!!!! ooh i'm so excited. i'll start pondering some names....

Yasmin said...

Yay! This is so exciting!!!I don't even know whether I'll be able to make it but count me in ...I'll do my best to show up, at least, sometimes! Thinking of names....

metal and knit said...

maybe to keep it polite Knit and natter might be better. Or coffee crafters.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

It's Kundi again, I left you a message about an SnB on the comments for your tam. I'm totally in! I get to Abu Dhabi at the beginning of August (from the USA). My two favorite things in one place: Knitting & Coffee... I think I'm going to like this city!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Katewillknit said...

Hooray! Knitting with like minded types is soooo much more fun!

Ruby Girl said...

Go girl! What a great idea to start SNB where you live.

the stripey tiger said...

Wish I could come too! How about Purl 'n Prattle? Stitch 'n Sip? Yarn 'n Yarn? ... Not so catchy? :-) Shaz

Unknown said...

We were talking at snb on Saturday and I said to Zena with a sad face - 'I wish Charmaine would come back.'

Zena said 'you think you do. I really do'. And we had a little sad moment, because we missed you.

And I hear Rae went and bought a packet of lemon crisp, took them back to the shop and ate them in memory of your attendance at every second Tuesday.

I really hope your new snb goes well. But not well enough to make you not want to come home some day.

Anonymous said...

Wish we were there,will we send some lemon crisps for your first SnB. we have booked camp for 2009 and 2010 hope to see there, have fun
tflrae and cavespinner??

Aishah said...

hi! sooooo excited! i am going to try very very hard to be there.

Anonymous said...

An Abu Dhabi SnB - amazing idea. We have one here in Dubai called Desert Knitters.