Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hello Josephine!

Okay, here is another finished object. It is called The "Josephine Top" from Interweave Knits Summer 2007. I started this some time ago, practically finished but ran out of yarn with about half a ball to go. By the time reinforcements had arrived I was fully ensconced in the baby blanket and other baby related projects. Now finally it is finished, blocked and everything and I'm pretty happy with it.

It is knitted in Knit Picks Shine Sport in Coral. The colour was brighter than I was expecting but it has grown on me. What do you think?

This next photo is an attempt to show off the texture of the knit (not my boobs) that I really enjoyed knitting.


The only modification that I made to the pattern was to use a mitre in the centre of the "V" and to knit the neck trim in the round rather than joining it at the front after knitting. I'm happy with how it turned out. I thought that the short row sleeves worked well too.

Now back to creating some Christmas presents.....

6 comments:

Katewillknit said...

Josephine looks lovely, the colour is bright, but I like it! The tension of the work looks lovely and even, I've got stitch envy.

In the mad world of coincidences, my mum has been knitting the same top (in blue), and wore it today!

tflrae said...

it's tuesday knitting night and hopefully all the girls may have looked at your blog and we can discuss what you are doing. Josephine looks beautiful, your knitting is so smooth and neat. I'm doing my first knitalong with Ailsa "Pretty as a Peacock", very excited can't wait to start.

Charmaine said...

Thanks for the comments girls on my neat stitches. I'm sure it all just the miracles of blocking. The shine is nice to work with though. It's 60% cotton, 40% modal, so it has a nice drape.
I miss Tuesday night knitting soooo much. Say hi to all the girls for me.

Ruby Girl said...

It is gorgeous, I love the colour and your stitches are so even. Miss you at knitting and SNB.

knitabulous said...

OMG Charmaine that is absolutely beautiful. Best ever yet. Colour is bright but looks great on you. And did Chi Wi take the fab photo?

For a newbie blogger you're putting us all to shame!

Charmaine said...

Yeah, Chi Wai took the photos with his new camera. Not bad eh? He enjoyed taking the b00bie photo of course!
Thanks for the compliments! It's nice to know you girls back at home are out there!
xxxooo