Monday, November 26, 2007

I think I have a problem!

Look what arrived in the mail last Thursday.


As you can see, it's all from Knit Picks, and as you may have noticed, nearly all my other projects that I have blogged about so far (which have all been knitted since arriving in Abu Dhabi) have been knitted in Knit Picks yarn. This has led me to wonder, do I have some sort of Knit Picks addiction? Do I need to attend Knit Pickaholics Anonymous?

I will say, Knit Picks yarns are not my favourite yarns, I like them a lot but I wouldn't say that they were my favourite. So why the predilection to Knit Picks yarns? This is what I have come up with:-
  1. You can't buy Knit Picks yarns in Australia, so there is definitely a novelty factor. You can't technically buy them here either but I have set up a mailing address in the U.S. to circumnavigate that issue.
  2. The Knit Picks website is a bit of a one stop shop. I have yet to find a yarn shop in the U.A.E, I can't even find a shop that sells buttons, so I have to buy all my supplies online. For this reason, Knit Picks is convenient. They have a wide range to cover a lot of projects.
  3. They are cheap! Even with the postage, it works out to be very reasonable, and I'm a tight @rse at heart!
So, do I have plans for all this yarn, all 2kg of it? Ah, of course not, it's because they had a sale on, I'm a sucker for a sale!

I do however have plans to make this.


It's from Stefanie Japel's "Fitted Knits". Actually I'm already 2 balls (out of a total of six) into it and enjoying every minute of it. It's knitted top down which is a first for me. I will post some progress photos soon.

4 comments:

Katewillknit said...

Whoa, that's a lot of yarn. I reckon Joe would freak if that much arrived in the mail! Especially if he'd looked in the wardrobe (stash cupboard) beforehand

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of yarn Charmaine. I know you need to build up a stash again but seriously, that is a lot of yarn. Do we need to hold an intervention?!

Alan.Daly said...

You're going to finish that top in about five days - I've got that book and the gauge is huge compared to your tiny 3 ply cardigans.

Can't wait to see your pictures.

Also, we met the twins on Saturday, so cute!

Unknown said...

Oh and Charmaine, I was logged on as Alan by mistake, the last comment was from me.