Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Jingle bells, jingle bells.....

I am currently making some Christmas presents for two lovely ladies and their little ones. As it is quite possible that they might read this, I cannot post any pictures of my progress. Here's a hint instead.......


On a completely different topic, this morning when we left the house the whole city was covered in a heavy fog. We were quite amazed as nearly every day we have been here it has been a big blue sky day. Here's a picture taken from the car on the way out to our construction site. Can you see the date palms on the medium strip?


It gives you an idea of how consistent the weather is here, the fact that I am getting excited about a little fog! I dream of rainy days.....

4 comments:

Ruby Girl said...

I guess that might be as close to rain as you are going to get for a long time.

Katewillknit said...

Christmas knitting looks great! I spy with my little eye something beginning with F(elt).

Melinda said...

Your christmas gifts look great from the hints you gave - such a lovely rich red. I love tlef (read backwards!)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I found your blog via Donna and Twinkie. It brings back memories I spend 5 years in the deserts of KSA
in the mid 90's You stop looking ot the window when you get up because it always looks the same. Winter weather is coming so you will see some rain. The UAE was much prettier the Saudi and was much more modern. Enjoy your adventure and know you will eventually go home.
Karen