Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cardigan Complete!

I completed the cardigan for Ruby last weekend. Here it is.....


It is not yet blocked in these photos, however, being mostly garter stitch, it almost doesn't need it. I will still will block it though, just to flatten the seams. I think the colour is the most acurate in the first photo. I'm pretty happy with the result. The merino is soft and spongey. I hope Ruby likes it.

Here's the girl in question, with her big brother Dalton, on her first day of school, just last week.


What an adorable photo!

I have since cast on for a vest for Dalton. I am completely bored with it already (too much stockinette in the round!) but should finish it this weekend hopefully. Photos to come.

Last post I discussed the problem with the vests I knitted for Zena's twins. See here. Zena, my very clever best friend has fixed the problem! Yay!

Here is little Sam (the bigger of the two twins) sporting the newly rectified vest.


Look at that red hair!

I am soooooo happy she was able to fix it. Thank you, thank you Zena. You are a star!

1 comment:

Yasmin said...

Thanks for stopping by at my blog! The cardigan looks lovely but not cuter than the little girl. She is a doll! Good thing your friend could fix the baby vest...and it's looking so charming. She must be really good knitter to do that!!!
I'm teaching myself knitting and you want to learn to crochet! Maybe we should get together and teach each other !!! I was in Abu Dhabi for the last 8 years but moved to Al Ain 8 months back! I'm on Ravelry as Yasmin.